Thursday, August 6, 2009

Everything is changing...

First I want to thank all of my wonderful clients. Even with the economy scare we have more business than ever! So THANK YOU! As alot of my current clients know I have been doing double the amount of sessions I normally have in the past. Why? Well because I don't like to turn anyone away and I also have so many new ideas & sets that we have been doing an above average number of modeling sessions. However this has left me working 18+ hour days and pretty much 7 days a week. Even though I love my job, this is not fair to my family so I knew I had to do something. Some of you that have been with me for a long time also know that I have had other staff in the past but have brought it back to just Michelle & I for the past few years. Well....with our business tripling this year (in the past 6 months) I have come to the reality that I can not do this alone anymore. So here are the changes that are going to be made which will be better for all of us!!!!

I have hired a new photographer. Well actually she is not a "new" photographer. She has a few years of experience & will be continually trained by myself to ensure that we are both working to the best of our ability on the latest trends in photography. She will be using the same sets as I do as well as equipment. I know the first question that will be asked is if her work is just like mine. Simple answer - NO. I do not feel that any two photographers can be the same. I do feel her work is similiar to mine though. Pam actually worked for me a few years ago at the studio as a photographer. She did a wonderful job but long story short she had 3 little ones at home and needed to give them more time than the job was allowing her. She did continue to do photography at another local studio as well on her own while she was away. Now her little ones are off to school so Pam is back with me at Capture today & I couldn't be happier to welcome her back.

We are going to try & keep all refered clients with me if they are my clients referal and Pam's referals with her. We do have so many random calls and emails though for clients that don't know how they heard about us and all of those clients will go with whomever has an opening for their 1st appt. This should really help my schedule so it doesn't take so long for our current clients to get in or back in if they have to reschedule.

Pam will also be doing pet portraits, large group portraits, additional outdoor portraits as well as high school seniors. These are all areas, with the exception of outdoor portraits, that I have not been offering in the past.

Office help! Well if you are a client of mine you know that I answer emails pretty much from 7am to sometimes 2am!! And sadly those time frames are not just random that is pretty much solid work time with a few little breaks to say hello to my kids and husband. I have been burning the candle at both ends, especially the last 6 months and I need to make changes. With the addition of Pam we are also adding on an additional office manager. Jennifer brings us MANY YEARS of experience in the photography business and I am so excited to welcome her on! Michelle will continue to run the office as well but on a more part time basis than in the past so she can spend more time with her new grandbaby. Watch our blog for some pictures of Michelle's new addition to her family! Crystal will also continue to work in the office on Saturday's. We will be open many more hours than we have in the past which I am sure will be appreciated by many!

So...with all of this office help I will no longer be handling any office correspondance. I am handling all of that over to the girls in the office so I can spend more time with my children and also more of my time focusing on doing the portraits and proofing, which is why you come to me in the first place, right? The girls in the office will handle all customer service & lab issues.

I don't imagine we will be growing much beyond this because I would still like to remain a small, personal studio that knows your family by name!!! As my daughter's dance teacher always states "Large enough to serve you but small enough to know you!" and I like that motto!!!

I have to say that I am humbled by how this business has grown and the response we get from word of mouth!!! I have the very best clients & I appreciate you all so much more than you know!!!!

Rachael ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment